Our team are committed to helping develop children and adolescent’s life skills to enable them to participate in daily activities to the best of their ability and achieve their goals. We have a strong early intervention program incorporating use of the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) for intensive early intervention with children aged 12 to 48 months. ESDM integrates a relationship-focused play -based, skill attainment-focused developmental model to provide an effective program for young children and their families.
Services we deliver
Programs we deliver
- Camp Jimbelung Day Camp
- Feeding Therapy
- Food Detectives for four to six year olds
- Food School for six to 12 year olds
- Handwriting Therapy
- Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS)
- School Holiday Group Programs and Camps
- Secret Agent Society
- Toilet Training
- School Readiness Programs
- Fantastic Fingers Group
- Getting ready for High School
- Getting ready for Kindergarten
- Incredible Flexible You
- Prep Readiness
- Prep-Readiness Presentations
- Ready? Set? Prep! Program for School Readiness
- Handwriting 4 Robots Holiday Challenge Program
Meet Our Principal
Lara is an Occupational Therapist and began Grow On Children’s Therapy on the Gold Coast in 2013. In 2018, Grow On Children’s Therapy joined Early Start Australia.
Lara graduated from The University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in 2001. For the past 12 years Lara has worked in private practice providing occupational therapy for children. Prior to this, she spent six years with Queensland Health working in hospitals and community health, in the field of neurological rehabilitation and developmental paediatrics.
Lara loves connecting with children and their caregivers and is particularly interested in early intervention and helping with the practical problems that children often face such as feeding, sleeping and toileting. She has training and experience in the DIR Floortime and Early Start Denver Model for early intervention, as well as in the areas of Paediatric Continence and Toilet Training, Feeding and Mealtime Management (S.O.S. and Sensational Mealtimes approaches), the CO-OP Approach for skill acquisition, Sensory Processing Assessment and Intervention, Social Thinking and Play Skills.
Lara’s work as a Practice Principal at Early Start Australia involves providing leadership to the therapy and support teams and continuing to communicate with and support the families who partner with Early Start Australia for therapy.
Lara lives with her husband Brian, who is also part of the Early Start Australia team, and their three school age children. Before moving to the Gold Coast in 2013, Lara and her family lived in a rural town and were very involved in the outdoor education community.
In 2018, Lara was able to realise a long held vision, creating with her therapy team, an annual outdoor adventure and therapy camp for children. This camp is named Camp Jimbelung, using the word for ‘friend’ in the local Yugambeh dialect.
Meet Our Team
We provide support for children and adolescents with:
- ADHD and neurodiversity
- Developmental delays
- Speech sound disorders
- Language and communication delays
- Sensory Processing Differences
- Use of Assistive and Augmentative Communication methods
- Self-care challenges such as feeding, sleep, toileting.
- Social and friendship challenges
- Difficulties with motor skills and coordination
- Helping with everyday challenges such as during changes and routines
Please call us on 07 5578 2000 if you would like further information.