Early Start Australia | ACT | Deakin (formerly Therapy 4 Kids) has been providing Physiotherapy services since 2010. In 2015 and 2018, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Pathology services were added.
We provide clinic-based, telehealth, mobile services in the home, school or child care, and remote visits, to children from birth to young adults, with developmental delays and physical disabilities within the Canberra region.
We focus on empowering the child and family to maximise the child’s potential through individualised activities that are incorporated into play as much as possible.
We listen to the child’s and family’s needs and work on functional goals that are meaningful. Assessment and intervention can be conducted in the child’s or young adult’s environment to reduce any stress and to make the intervention contextual to their world.
We recognise that the parents and caregivers are the experts regarding their child or young adult, and consider them to be a key member of the intervention team.
Conditions we treat include:
- Cerebral palsy, spina bifida, stroke and traumatic brain injury.
- Genetic conditions including Down Syndrome and Achondroplasia.
- Low muscle tone.
- Developmental delay.
- Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Feeding Difficulties and oral sensory aversion
- Fine motor difficulties
- Speech and Language development
- Orthopedic conditions such as plagiocephaly (a flat area on the head of babies), torticollis (head turned or tilted to one side), lower limb alignment (feet turning inwards or toe-walking), patella-femoral mal-alignment, scoliosis or joint pain.
Services we deliver
Programs we deliver
Please call us on 02 6282 8793 if you would like further information.