Early Start Australia | Vic | Malvern East (formerly Fired Up People) has been providing Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Pathology services to the South East of Melbourne since 2018 for children and teens with developmental delay (birth to 18 years). We deliver our services in our clinic, via Telehealth and run intensive programs during the school holidays.
Programs we deliver
Meet Our Principal
Lara Lasnitzki is an experienced clinician who has worked in private practice for over 20 years. She is enthusiastic about providing the best quality care for the families in her clinics and is constantly developing her skills in the latest evidence-based practice. Lara’s experience includes working with children attending independent, public and Catholic schools, as well as early learning centres and specialist schools for children with ASD. She brings particular enthusiasm working with children and enjoys working as part of a collaborative team including parents, teachers, specialist support staff and multidisciplinary medical and allied health professionals.
Meet Our Team
Our services cater for a range of impairments that affect the client’s ability to perform their everyday activities. With a selection of assessments to help identify the issues, our highly experienced team can guide and empower the family to best support their child’s learning goals. We have therapists with specialist training in Hanen: More than Words, PROMPT, Social Thinking, Zones of Regulation, Karen Stagnitti: Learn to Play, and specific skills and knowledge for fine and gross motor delay.
Our team is experienced in developing a diverse range of skills such as:
- Attention and concentration
- Fine motor skills e.g. grasping, handwriting
- Gross motor skills e.g. balance, climbing, running, swinging
- Eating or drinking e.g. fussy eaters, limited food choices, fear of foods
- Learning e.g. remembering things, planning, problem-solving, organisation
- Self-care e.g. dressing, toileting, brushing teeth, washing, tying shoelaces
- Play and social skills
- Sensory, behavioural and emotional regulation e. g. helping to stay calm and alert to support other learning
- Visual awareness and communicating e.g. reading, spelling and general learning within the classroom
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Phonological Awareness
- Speech Sound Production
- Prescribing and using adaptive equipment e.g. bath chairs, car seats, hoists, wheelchairs
Please call us on 03 9024 0339 if you would like further information.