Early Start Australia | QLD | Strathpine is a multidisciplinary clinic providing Psychology and Counselling, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Pathology services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families. Our therapy services are delivered in our clinic, via Telehealth and we offer mobile Occupational Therapy services at childcare, pre-school, school and in home settings. Our Speech and Language Pathologist is also available to assist with communication difficulties.
Services we deliver
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Telehealth for Children
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Allied Health Assistants
- ADHD Assessment
- Psychology and counselling sessions
- Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) referrals for Psychology
- Chronic Disease Management (CDM), formally Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referrals for Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology
- Psychological Assessments for treatment intervention and formulation,
- We are unable to prepare court documents
Programs we deliver
- Alternative Augmentative Communication
- Assistive Technology Equipment Prescription
- Caregiver Training for Young Children with Autism
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Feeding Therapy
- LEGO Therapy
- Literacy Programs
- Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS)
- School Readiness Programs
- Secret Agent Society
- Toilet Training
- Working with Schools
- We Thinkers!
- Craft group programs
- Other Social skill group programs
Meet Our Principal
Fanoula Tsakrios is a registered Psychologist, a Psychology Board of Australia Approved Supervisor, and a member of the Australian Psychological Society. She is experienced in evidence-based interventions to assist children, adolescents, families, parents, and adults in overcoming their challenges and supporting them in reaching their full potential. Fanoula has a special interest in the fields of child and adolescent mental health, eating disorders, development and works with a range of presentations including but not limited to anxiety, depression, behavioural issues, trauma, social difficulties, self-esteem, body image concerns, eating difficulties and autism spectrum disorder.
Meet Our Team
Our team of qualified and experienced child psychologists work with children, adolescents, young adults, and families. Our psychologists employ a flexible, collaborative and client-centred approach to therapy incorporating a variety of focused psychological strategies and evidence-based therapies, depending on each client’s personal goals and needs. We conduct comprehensive evidence-based educational and developmental assessments for children and adolescents.
Our team is experienced in working with a diverse range of conditions such as:
- Children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Intellectual impairment
- Developmental delay
- Challenging behaviours
- Other diagnosed disorders
Our counselling services provide support for
- Sleep problems
- Parenting difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
- Coping with separation
- Child Protection counselling and education
- Trauma including:
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Witnessing domestic violence
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
Our Occupational Therapy team assist children and young adults (0-25 years) to develop life skills that they may find challenging and have the specialised skills for assisting children with autism spectrum disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, Intellectual Impairment, Dyslexia, and other diagnosed disorders.
Occupational Therapists use evidence-informed strategies, to help our clients develop their skills, grow their confidence, increase their self-esteem, and improve their general wellbeing.
Our Speech and Language Pathologists work with children and adolescents that have difficulties with their communication, language, and social skills. SLP’s can also help with issues that involve the biomechanics of the jaw and mouth, such as feeding and speaking. A variety of formal and informal assessment tools are used to identify difficulties in these areas and evidence-based therapies are implemented to help improve function.
Having multiple therapies working together in a single clinic offers our clients the choice to have therapists work together as a team to work towards the best outcomes for their family and provides a regular and familiar base for children that may require working with multiple therapists.
We can also assist with a range of assessments to aid treatment formulation and intervention, support diagnosis, and assist with access to NDIS.
Senior Occupational Therapist
Please call us on 07 3180 2666 if you would like further information.