The use of alternative augmentative communication (AAC) strategies can support people with communication difficulties.
At ESA, we have therapists who can advise on AAC techniques and technologies from low-tech options, such as simple communication mats, PODD (pragmatic organisation dynamic display) books and PECS (picture exchange communication system), to the latest in communication apps and devices.
In addition to completing an application for funding, our therapists can help you to try out the various AAC techniques and assist you or your child or family member to learn and use AAC in their everyday life.
This program is available at:
- SA | Christies Beach (p: 08 8186 6188 e: [email protected])
- ACT | Deakin (p: 02 6282 8793 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Sandringham (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Preston (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Geelong (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- WA | Armadale (p: 08 9399 8547 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Brighton (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
Program delivery varies between clinics so please check with your local clinic about their programs.