Developed by the MIND Institute in California, the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) is an evidence-based, behavioural early intervention program for children aged one to four with autism or similar developmental needs.
The program was developed by psychologists Sally Rogers, PhD, and Geraldine Dawson, PhD, and combines the best practices of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) with a routine based, play and relationship focused approach that makes therapy both fun and effective.
Parents and therapists use play and shared activities to build each child’s social-emotional, cognitive and language abilities.
- based on our understanding of typical toddler learning and development; and
- focused on building positive relationships and sharing fun activities to develop social communication.
ESDM therapy can be provided at home, in a clinic or in child-care or school and can be provided by a trained and certified:
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Behaviour Specialist
- Early Childhood Educator
ESDM details what and how to teach young children with autism to help them achieve developmental milestones, working in collaboration with families, child care centres and schools, and using the expertise of a team of specialist therapists.
ESDM is available across select clinics however the program available at each clinic varies. Please contact the clinic directly to find out more.
- NT | Durack (p: 08 8932 8852 e: [email protected])
- NT | Fannie Bay (p: 08 8932 8852 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Ashmore (p: 07 5578 2000 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Coomera (p: 07 5689 5602 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Murarrie (p: 07 3398 9367 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Strathpine (p: 07 3180 2666 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Brighton (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Frankston (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Geelong (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Hawthorn (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Preston (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Sandringham (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
Program delivery varies between clinics so please check with your local clinic about their programs.