Available during some school holidays, Meet and Greet: Social Skills for Teens is for teenagers in Years 7 – 10 who have difficulty knowing how to make friends and how to keep friends.
We work through strategies for:
- Figuring out what others are thinking and feeling
- Starting and continuing conversations
- Managing and communicating feelings e.g. anxiety, anger
- Solving social problems e.g. disagreeing, negotiating
- Adjusting to different social situations
- Understanding unwritten social rules
- Sharing interests with other teens
- Being confident
Cognitive strategies are taught and practised in the context of fun activities e.g. ten pin bowling, music, cooking and eating together.