Before a child is ready for school, it is important that they have developed the foundational physical and behavioural skills that are necessary for learning. If these skills are missed or incompletely developed, a child may struggle with the demands or pace of learning at school.
The Ready? Set? Prep! program for school readiness will prepare your four to five year old child for school by helping them develop the foundational skills required for learning at school.
This fun and engaging program is delivered in a group but customised for each child. The program uses our unique home program system to provide parent education and specific activities for each child during and after the program as they prepare for school.
The Occupational Therapist facilitating the group is experienced in helping children develop the skills required for a positive start to school. The program focuses on the key areas of:
- self-care and organisation skills
- listening skills
- pencil grip, pencil control and finger strength
- big muscle strength and coordination, and hand eye coordination (this is important for learning to write)
As well as providing children with opportunities to develop these essential skills, the program provides training and resources for parents to allow continued work after the program.
This program is available at:
- QLD | Buderim (p: 07 5302 6878 e: [email protected])
- NSW | Chatswood (p: 02 9411 1785 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Ashmore (p: 07 5578 2000 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Upper Mount Gravatt (p: 07 5689 5604 e: [email protected])
- QLD | Toowong (p: 07 3736 8690 e: [email protected])
- NSW | Penrith (p: 02 4739 0267 e: [email protected])
Program delivery varies between clinics so please check with your local clinic about their programs.