We can help your child to learn appropriate social skills.
Does your child struggle to make friends? Does your child find it hard to initiate or maintain a conversation? Is your child inclined to misinterpret what is said to them? Is your child ultra-sensitive to the comments or actions of others? Does your child find it hard to play with other children or seldom get invited to join in? Does your child find it difficult to manage their anger or frustration? Does your child become so focussed on their own interests that they are unable to show interest in others? Does your child misinterpret facial expressions?
Children who have not learned the skills required to manage their anger or frustration nor the secrets to developing good friendships and becoming responsive communication partners often find social settings and school playgrounds particularly challenging.
We run small social skills groups for children experiencing difficulties fitting in at school or with their peers. If your child would benefit from explicit teaching of social skills in a group setting, please contact your respective location provider to check on their next session.
Current programs and groups include:
This program is available at:
- NT | Durack (p: 08 8932 8852 e: [email protected])
- NT | Fannie Bay (p: 08 8932 8852 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Camberwell (p: 03 9889 9010 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Vermont (p: 03 8802 4821 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Werribee (p: 03 9731 7583 e: [email protected])
- WA | Armadale (p: 08 9399 8547 e: [email protected])
- WA | Ellenbrook (p: 08 6296 2726 e: [email protected])
- WA | Stirling (p: 08 6559 7004 e: [email protected])
- WA | Wembley (p: 08 6559 7030 e: [email protected])
Program delivery varies between clinics so please check with your local clinic about their programs.