Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) therapy is based on the science of learning and behaviour. It helps us to understand:
- how behaviour works
- how behaviour is affected by the environment
- how learning takes place
ABA therapy applies our understanding of how behaviour works to real situations. The goal is to increase behaviours that are helpful and decrease behaviours that are harmful or affect learning.
Home or centre-based ABA therapy sessions are available. An ideal program includes both options, as well as opportunities for supported inclusion in mainstream educational settings, such as childcare, kinder and school. By working across different settings we can:
- make sure that your child is able to learn and use skills in different environments,
- ensure that the programs are functional and relevant to your child’s everyday life,
- provide support and modelling of behavioural strategies within the home, and
- offer the benefits of centre-based teaching such as minimising distractions and opportunities for respite.
We offer two different models of ABA therapy:
- ABA Full-Service Model
Provides program supervision and trained ABA therapists. The full-service model is available for both centre-based and home-based programs.
- ABA Workshop Model
Provides program development and supervision. Parents are responsible for the recruitment and sometimes the training of ABA therapists to work directly with their child. The workshop model is available for home-based programs only.
This program is available at:
- Vic | Brighton (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Frankston (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Geelong (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Hawthorn (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Preston (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
- Vic | Sandringham (p: 03 9596 8781 e: [email protected])
Service delivery varies between clinics so please check with your local clinic about their services.