Aquatic Therapy is provided in warm accessible pools by Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists or therapy assistants under the direction of professional staff.
Water based therapy may focus on developing:
- physical skills such as strengthening, stretching
- pain management strategies
- life skills such being calm and regulated, practicing transitions
- a leisure skill
- connections with people, going into the community
- independence skills
- communicating with new people
We offer Aquatic Therapy in the community at the Parks YWCA Pool in a dedicated lane and the Adelaide Hydrotherapy Centre in Welland where we have sole use of the facility.
Aquatic Therapy services includes:
- Aquatic therapy